Monday, August 8, 2011

Distractions and Secret Techniques

Today's blog topics include: Thoughts on distractions; Marvel anime and Wolverine in general; a new secret technique revealed!?

Tim Cody is currently:
Writing(ish): Crimson Soul II
Reading: Daken: Dark Wolverine: Empire
Watching: How Do You Know
Three day PAX badge: Received!


It's funny how time passes, minute by minute--one distraction and then the next, and before you know it, you're getting distracted from your distractions. I've been trying to watch How Do You Know all day. Several hours later, I've only finished a single page and still have an hour left of the movie to watch.

Sometimes you just have to write a day off--pun totally intended. ;)

Distractions are okay within reason. When your distractions stretch out to fill an entire day it's just like you took a three day weekend, and those are usually pretty awesome. Once you stop trying to overcome the distractions and just let them wash you away, once you get over the initial feeling of guilt and disgust at having wasted an entire day, it's pretty refreshing.

As long as the distractions don't stretch into a four day weekend, everything should be fine. Though, now that I've finished watching How Do You Know, I still have no idea what it was about. Maybe that's the point. "How do you know" what this movie was about? Seriously, what happened to Jack Nicholson at the end of that movie? Did he go to jail? Did Paul Rudd? He was pretty insistent that he wouldn't if he had a chance with Reese Witherspoon, and it looks like he had a chance.

Distractions at work, see, I started writing this blog post before I finished the movie, and now, half way through the post, I've finally finished it.

Secret Technique 46: Blog Topic Change!

If I was Crispin Freeman, I'd be upset that I lost the role of Wolverine to Milo "that guy from Heroes" Ventimiglia. He's pretty prevalent in the voice acting world, he's a part of the holy trinity of voice actors: Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman and Jonny Yong Basch. These guys' voices are in everything, yet in Marvel Anime Wolverine, Crispin Freeman is once again cast as a side character. Some secret agent fella who doesn't seem like he should sound as tough as Crispin Freeman.

Hey, anyone seen Strait Jacket? That anime film had Steve Blum and Crispin Freeman talking to each other. Talk about a total eargasm. Heh? Right!? Totally.

Anyway, why are people always trying to kill Wolverine? It doesn't ever work out, and watching people try is getting kind of old. For crying out loud, the guy had his skeleton ripped out of his body and it only made him stronger. People have just go to learn.

In Other, Other News:

My three day PAX badge arrived today, and I'm pretty excited. For a third year I get to spend an entire three day weekend only walking by waddling, and only smelling hyper-nerd B.O. Rolling with a crew five deep this year, though; two of my brothers back on the east coast are flying out for the weekend, a friend is coming in from Cali-For-Ni-A, plus the brother I live with. That's four people to walk around my and usher the crowd out of the way! Finally, somebody's going to think I'm important! :D

This year's looking light on the panels, the most exciting is sure to be the Gearbox panel--details on Borderlands 2, heck yeah! Speaking with Mikey Neumann for a third year in a row will require more finesse than it did the last two years--it will require more than being in the right place at the right time, now that I'm conscious of the fact that this will be the third year in the row, some planning is required. I will not rest until I make another few minutes of idle chitchat with that man!

More random thoughts on PAX in a future post, once I get my itinerary finalized.

One of these days I'll figure out a clear format for this blog, instead of just throwing my seemingly random thoughts down onto the screen. I'm sort of treating it like a really long FaceBook status update. I guess that's a type of format, right? If I become rich and famous like Stephen King, I won't have to worry about having a single train of thought; if that guy writes something, people will read it, even if it's just free association at work.

But until I reach that level of fame, I guess...maybe I should try to work something out. :)

That's that and marmalade.

-Tim Cody

P.S.: Stephen King totally looks like Aaron Sorkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment