Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blog Neglect for Completion's Sake!

Today's blog topics include: Blatant neglect of the blog! The Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer is finished, though! Also included: Moving forward with the project (editing and marketing), a Lemony Snicket reference, and the Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer cover art!

Tim Cody is currently:
Working on: The Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer (editing passes!)
Playing: Mass Effect 3 (PS3)
Reading: X-Men: Schism
Watching: Doctor Who (currently in David Tennant's second season!)


I've clearly been neglecting this space due to my fairly intense writing schedule over the past few months. Since I only write on the weekends, and tend to edit on the weekdays, it doesn't leave much time for blog posts.

However, today I'm quite pleased to announce that The Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer is completely written! ("Completely written" being a term which here means, "approximately 98.5ish% content complete.")

What this means, aside from the return of the novel beard, is I've got several lines and a few paragraphs I need to add at various points of the story. This includes a general overhaul of the opening, some various lines throughout, a couple new ideas--just some minor additions here and there that won't have such a huge impact on the final word or page counts.

So, since I just wrote this update for my Kickstarter, here's a quick copy/paste so I can pretend like I'm good at social networking. (Or maybe I really am good at social networking, because everyone who reads this blog is not subscribed to my Kickstarter to see this!)

About two weeks ago, I finished writing The Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer (approximately 98.5ish% content complete). Last weekend, I finished editing pass two (which involves going through and implementing my editor's first pass of edits). This weekend, I completed what's perhaps the most important step in the entire writing process: taking the entire weekend off from any writing related tasks to play Mass Effect 3.

Now, with my batteries fully recharged, I'm full steam ahead for the remaining editing passes. These turn out to be the lengthiest, as they involve my editor and me reading the entire thing start to finish several times each.

Aside from this, progress continues on the production of the Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer book trailer. The original art assets and music required for this project are being created as I type.

Once I'm further along these final editing passes, I'll begin putting your so graciously donated dollars once again to use in setting up online advertising. I'm primarily looking into space on the website www.goodreads.com, where I'll be able to set up banner ads and giveaway contests. I'm still in the first phases of my advertising efforts, though, so this will be better fleshed out soon.

Currently, the word count for the book is a bit over 96,000 words. This should equate to around 330 pages once it's put into paperback form. These numbers likely won't change too much as I go through the final editing passes, so they should be mostly final.

And that's that! Once I get under way with these final passes, I'll follow up with my artist to estimate how much longer it should be until I'm finished completely and ready to publish--and then it's off to print!

One more thing: The cover art for The Perfect Girl Drinks Root Beer is available for the viewing! Due to the amount of art requested for this book, it's likely I'll forgo a cover art variant. Be sure to check out the cover in this site's art gallery, though!

As usual, for random and spotty Tim Cody news and updates, be sure to give my official Facebook page a Like: www.facebook.com/TimCodyWrites.

That's that and marmalade!

-Tim Cody

P.S. Paragon Shep for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment