Monday, July 25, 2011

Trying to Escape Obscurity

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tim_Cody - Check.
FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tim-Cody/244648762226433 - Check.
Blog: (You're reading it, so) - Check.

Phase 1 of my plan to bring myself out of obscurity and rise through the ranks of writerdom is underway.

I don't exactly like the term "indie author;" it tends to have a very hipster ring to it, and I'm not too cool with that. I don't want to grow a pencil-tip mustache like Brian Orosco, and I don't want to get any Apple tattoos. However, as fate would have it, an "indie author" I am indeed.

The first installment of my Crimson Soul series (simply "Crimson Soul") is available for purchase through various online retailers, such as Amazon and Barnes and Noble. As I make a push to see it in bookstores, I remain hopeful that retailers will agree to carry it. There are some independent bookstores in the Seattle, and the indie scene out here is pretty okay.

Availability through Ingram, an ISBN-10 and an ISBN-13, and an official copyright with the US Copyright Office adds an air of legitimacy to the whole deal.

While perusing the US Copyright Office website, I happened upon an article explaining the procedure for submitting materials to copyright in hologram form. The future is now, ladies and gentlemen. And the government knows it.

If the retailers don't want to stock my books legitimately, then the next phase of my plan will involve sneaking in and just leaving copies of my book on their shelves. Maybe surgically remove some checkout envelopes from the backs of library books, apply them to my own, and leave them in various libraries.

But for now, the next phase is watching Limitless. That movie rocks my socks in a pretty okay way.

No comments:

Post a Comment